- Provide direct relief to Wilmington families, individuals, the elderly and children.
- Provide basic needs: heat, light, utilities, emergency assistance and medical relief.
- Provide food products on a bimonthly basis to those in need.
Community Support Services
- The Food Pantry—Supplies food on a bi-weekly basis. Currently there are more than 85 families participating in this program and that number increases each week as more eligible families sign up. Annual Thanksgiving food baskets are prepared and distributed.
- Emergency Relief Assistance—Direct assistance with heat, light or utilities for those who have become victims of tough times.
- Holidays—Annual effort to coordinate the generosity of many groups and individuals to provide festive holidays for many Wilmington children and their families.
- Scholarship Program—Provide scholarships to local students who have exhibited service to the people in our community.
- Purchased AED (defibrillator) devices for all schools; rescue equipment for fire department; technology updates for library; and gave away carbon monoxide devices for residents.
- Fun on the Fourth—WCF serves lunch on Family Day from 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony (1st Saturday in December on the Town Common)—WCF will be selling pewter tree ornaments.